April Thursday 26th
May Thursday 17th
Votes for Women 100 years on
2018 celebrates 100 years since women gained the vote. This Meander will reveal some of the sites and people associated with the struggle. See the building where the 'Women's Parliaments' were held. Find out the difference between Sufragists and Suffragettes. Why did they roller skate all night? Hear tales of other women through their statues and work and more 2018 anniversaries. Finishing in the Houses of Parliament for a tour of Westminster Hall and the New Dawn window which was especially commissioned for this anniversary. You can then continue into one of The Parliamentary Chambers, if you wish, to listen to a debate. We will start with coffee in a building which once housed the HQ of the Suffragettes.
Meet: From Bill’s 42 Kingsway WC2B 6EY bills-website.co.uk/restaurants/london-holborn
Finish Westminster 3.30 approx.
Transport: Holborn (Central). Temple or Embankment (District & Circle).
Book your Meander at:
MONTHLY MEANDERS IN LONDON
with SARAH FORDHAM
Each month I lead an historical walk around a different area of London looking at both well known and less familiar buildings. The hidden streets, squares and houses behind the famous facades are intriguing especially when accompanied by tales of those who have lived and worked in them.
- Pre-booking essential by phone or e-mail, limited group numbers for your benefit.
- Early booking advised to avoid disappointment.
- Cancellation fee if less than 48hrs notice to my mobile.
- Walks START at 11.00 unless notified otherwise. If running late on day please telephone my mobile.
- Walks go ahead whatever the weather.
- Tell your friends and bring them along.
- Individual or Group outings tailor-made to suit individual requirements & interests.